Color printing has been around for years. It’s been and is still very popular, but why do we use this? The closest thing that I could say is that it seems better from some intuition. You may be considering switching over to a color copier and looking for a reason why that’s beyond an “intuition”. Thankfully, Xerox has put the time into finding out the science behind color printing and copying. Here are a few interesting points.
- A newsletter or pamphlet gets about 2.5 seconds to make an impression. Color makes them catch your customer’s eye and holds it with the professionalism.
- Color increases attention span by 82%.
- Color telephone listings have been found to increase responses by 44%. To be fair, they are competing with mainly black and white, boring advertisements.
- 55% of people will pick up color mail before black and white. I would say that this is a similar case to the phone listings, most mail is boring so the color stands out. Impressive none the less.
- Color reduces errors by 80% . This is good to know for internal purposes, the less errors the better.
- Color helps sell 80% more. WOW.
- Color increases brand recognition by 80%. If you need to set yourself apart from the other options this may be the answer.
So there are plenty of reasons to choose a color copier, you really need to find out if it’s the best for what you do.